Learn how to get custom functionality using Drupal’s hook system, as well as how to extend or alter contributed module functionality. Participants in this course will have used CCK, Views and Panels to create websites but have never built their own module.
Participants will start writing a simple module to writing a complex module, step by step which uses Forms API, Schema API, all of the top ten Drupal hooks, creates custom database tables.
Knowledge of PHP, and experience with Drupal site building and site management.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand Drupal's hook system and development architecture
- Learn about the construction of 90% of Drupal modules
- Know how to develop simple to complex modules
- Know how to insert and extract data using Drupal's core database abstraction layer
- Be able to responsibly modify contributed modules using patches.
- Understand best practices, security techniques, conventions and coding standards
What is provided:
You will need to bring along a wifi enabled laptop, we’re not fussy what operating system it has, we will provide a complete development environment with course material included to install on your machine and keep for future reference.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Lion Court Conference Centre
The venue is situated in Holborn, conveniently located close to the City and West End of London. Holborn Tube on the Central and Piccadilly lines is only 2 minutes walk away and there is ample parking nearby.